Keep Moving with Natalie Cook
Moving your body is key to your physical and mental health!
I have been enjoying Bob’s updates and testing out Chef David’s cooking tips. Especially the pumpkin soup.
It has been an interesting time for us all and I have watched the fitness industry pivot its offering to deliver online classes with a virtual PT. I must admit, for the most part, I have enjoyed rolling out of bed 15 minutes prior to the workout, not having to do my hair and then jumping straight in the pool or shower.
Natalie’s Quick Tips
- Pick an online program, trainer or class and stick to it. Try it for at least a month before adding in any other classes or switching to another trainer.
- If you haven’t exercised much before, start slowly; even a 30-minute walk is a great way to move your body – three times a week and then build up. Consider dusting off your bike or trying some gentle yoga.
- Include family or friends (kids and even pets) in your workout plans to keep you motivated.
- Plan the week’s workouts on a Sunday night so you don’t have to make a decision each day. If you plan a workout, it’s more likely to happen.
- Avoid extra snacks during the day! Organise your daily snacks each morning and you’re less likely to visit the fridge or pantry every 30 minutes.
- Visit Boost Your Healthy and sign up for the Billion Step Challenge – together we can help Queenslanders get to a billion!
Did you know?
There is a thing called DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) that kicks in about day two and even three after a workout … it is what we call ‘good pain’. Don’t be alarmed … work gently but keep working.
Here’s a couple of quotes I really like, to keep you motivated and on track.
“There is a championship coming in our future, but we must prepare for it today.” Michael Jordan
“Our body is just like a temple … made of bricks, it is built one brick at a time.” Unknown
Good luck and keep moving!
Natalie Cook OAM OLY
Some Helpful Resources
- Boost your Healthy https://hw.qld.gov.au/boostyourhealthy/
- AOC – my fellow Olympians have been issuing challenges also https://www.olympics.com.au/at-home-with-team-aus/
- Fitness Australia – Keep On Moving https://keeponmoving.fitness.org.au/keep-on-moving/295