International Bidding Support
The Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre (BCEC) plays a key role in attracting international conferences to Brisbane.
We lead and manage international convention bids for the city, working closely with Brisbane Marketing and offer a range of free services to local and national organisations wishing to bid for and host international and regional/Asia Pacific conferences in Brisbane.
- Tailoring bid strategies to ensure Australia has an advantage over competing countries
- Assisting with international decision makers
- Accessing the services of BCEC’s international office
Research and support
- Securing support from key political, tourism and industry leaders
- Providing case studies to showcase the success of previous conferences held in Brisbane
- Assist with preparation and presentation of bid document, materials and other activities
- Lobbying and conference promotion
- Assist with bid lobbying strategy and activities (cocktail receptions, gifts, etc)
- Organise and host site visits for key national and international decision makers
- Marketing activities to boost delegate attendance
- A team approach to marketing on behalf of the city of Brisbane to assist the host organisation and individuals to ensure maximum delegate numbers
- All bidding support provided by BCEC is at no cost to the partner organisation
- Bids for conferences of 400 delegates or more are eligible for cash support to assist with speaker or marketing costs and/or travel scholarships for overseas delegates.
Brisbane Convention Partnership
The partnership comprises the BCEC and seven of Australia’s leading conference management companies who work together on assisting clients in the bid process and at the partnership’s cost.
All partners are recognised for their experience and success in international conventions and have offices in Brisbane.