Extraordinary is our everyday
Almost 30 years of experience as a convention centre, delivering global standards, successfully moving in sync with our clients throughout the most unusual last four years AND maintaining our 95% performance rating, is extraordinary!
Being voted in the top three convention centres in the world, multiple times, is also extraordinary.
Being in the heart of the most unique convention precinct in Australia, in a delegate friendly city on an exciting journey to hosting the ‘most sustainable to date’ 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games…is pretty marvelous actually.
So, extraordinary is nothing new to BCEC, it’s practically our everyday, and we’d love to share our venue and a warm Brisbane welcome with you for your next conference.
CITY ON A ROLL...
Brisbane is a city with unstoppable momentum. As host of the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the city is on the move. There is a $14 billion infrastructure pipeline transforming Brisbane along with a city lifestyle second to none, the smarts of business, science and technology, and a convention centre consistently voted at the top of world rankings.
Brisbane’s conventions infrastructure is constantly evolving and the future is bright in Queensland’s capital city where it’s always summer:
- Direct flights to more Australian destinations than any other national airport
- 2nd runway with unlimited flight growth
- Continuous redevelopment and refresh of the inner-city precincts
- Three new pedestrian bridges in progress, further connecting the river city centre
THE BUSINESS AND GOVERNMENT CENTRE OF QUEENSLAND
As the business and Government centre of Queensland, Brisbane delivers optimal delegates from across Queensland, easy freight access for exhibitors, sponsors, as well as proximity to political decision-makers and speakers – reducing your event risk!
A UNIQUELY BRISBANE CONVENTION PRECINCT
BCEC is located in the city’s cultural hub of South Bank, surrounded by green spaces, eateries and bars at every turn, and hotels all within walking distance of the Convention Centre, helping to keep down those carbon emissions – and there’s new experiences for everyone evolving all the time:
- In late 2024 Queens Wharf entertainment and tourism precinct will be just a pedestrian bridge walk across the river from BCEC, to boutique shopping, new riverside dining options and unique off-site social event venues
- The locals’ hidden secret – the eclectic Fish Lane bar and dining precinct right beside BCEC and opposite the Museum, Galleries and the performing arts complex
- Free South Bank loop bus now in operation, making it even easier to hop from your accommodation, to BCEC, to the Gallery of Modern Art…
AUSTRALIA'S MOST AWARDED CONVENTION CENTRE
- Backed by BCEC’s 29 years of experience and depth of industry knowledge and skills
- Purpose-built boutique meeting facilities for smaller conferences of 150 – 600 pax or choose from any of our 44 meeting rooms, 4 exhibition halls and plenary facilities for 8,000
- EarthCheck Platinum Certification acknowledges the Centre’s compliance to the highest levels of environmental practices
- All the capability and technology needed for any kind of meeting – hybrid, virtual or purely face to face
EVEN MORE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
There are over 21,000 accommodation rooms in the city, with four hotels and eight apartment hotels located directly within the South Bank Convention Precinct, a Hyatt Regency just across the bridge, and the brand new Star Grand opening in Queens Wharf in August 2024.
WORKING WITH OUR SOUTH BANK PRECINCT PARTNERS TO ACTIVATE SPACES AND CREATE EVENT LEGACIES
- BCEC can assist to tailor bespoke opportunities for breakout events, and create branded conference networking hubs activations around South Bank
- Connect with the next generation – we can link your Association with undergraduate, masters and postgraduate students in our key universities as well as schools across Queensland
WARM WELCOME FOR EVERYONE
- Airtrains direct from the airport terminals to BCEC with discounts for your delegates
- Free city hopper ferries so delegates can cruise around the city in the evenings trying out all our riverside dining precincts
SUPPORT TO OPTIMISE YOUR DELEGATE ATTRACTION
Our key partner, Brisbane Economic Development Agency (BEDA), offers a great content toolkit to entice your audience to Brisbane, and offer marketing advice, expertise and assistance if you need it.