About the Centre
Opened in 1995, BCEC is owned by South Bank Corporation on behalf of the Queensland Government and is proudly managed by ASM Global. BCEC is one of Australia’s premier venues for events, exhibitions and conferences.
182 awards and counting
AIPC Apex Award in recognition of the highest client rating received by any convention centre worldwide
75 catering awards including being judged Australia’s Best Function Centre Caterer on four occasions
- Winner MEA 2019 National award – Banqueting and Catering
- Winner MEA 2019 State award – Best Event Venue Over 1,500 People
- Courier Mail Food Awards 2019 – Icon of the Year, Executive Chef David Pugh
- Winner MEA 2018 National Award – Best Meeting Venue Over 500 People
- Winner MEA 2018 State award – Best Meeting Venue Over 500 People
- Winner MEA 2018 State award – Banquet and Catering
- Winner Australian Restaurant Challenge 2018 – Gold Award
- Winner MEA 2017 National award – Banquet and Catering
- Winner MEA 2017 State award – Banquet and Catering
- Winner MEA 2017 State award – Best Meeting Venue Over 500 People
- Winner MEA 2017 State award – Audio Visual Services
- Winner MEA 2016 National award -In House Audio Visual Services
- Winner of MEA 2016 State award – Best Meeting Venue Over 500 People
- Winner of MEA 2016 State award – Banquet and Catering
- Winner of MEA 2016 State award – In House Audio Visual Services
- Lord Mayor’s Business Awards 2016 – Energex Award for Sustainability in Business
The Centre has achieved and maintains certification to the applicable ISO standards for quality and food safety through Lloyds Register Quality Assurance Ltd.
About ASM Global
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the merger of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue and event strategy and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centres, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
From its Asia Pacific headquarters in Brisbane, Australia, ASM Global operates a network of venues that includes convention and exhibition centres in Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Newcastle, Sydney, Christchurch (opening 2020), Kuala Lumpur, Muscat and Shenzhen (opening in 2020); Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Kai Tak Sports Park in Hong Kong (opening 2023) and interests in major stadia in Sydney, Parramatta and Perth; and entertainment arenas and performance theatres in Brisbane (4), Cairns, Darwin, Newcastle, Perth, Sydney (4), Bangkok (Em Live Theatre and Bangkok Arena both opening in 2023), Dubai, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur.
ASM Global’s diverse portfolio of clients benefit from the company’s depth of resources and unparalleled experience, expertise and creative problem-solving. Each day, the company’s 61,000 passionate employees around the world delivers locally tailored solutions and cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum results for venue owners, and operations, and amazing experiences for guests. By consistently looking for new ways to envision, innovate and empower the spaces and places that bring people together, ASM Global elevates the human spirit while delivering the highest value for all stakeholders. For more information, please visit www.asmglobal.com.