QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT CONVENTION & EXHIBITION CENTRE ECONOMIC RECOVERY BID SUPPORT PROGRAM
We are so excited that Queensland Government is further strengthening its support for business events by establishing the Queensland Convention Centre Recovery Fund to inspire confidence for your organisation’s event recovery.
This is only for new confirmations of nationally rotating conferences of 350+ delegates that book at one or all of the three Queensland Convention Centres but BREAKING NEWS – this now applies to events held between July 2022 right out to 30 June 2026!
We reckon that’s good for all of us.
Even better this now includes 2 full day events but where they have a welcome reception and/or workshops on Day 1/the ‘bump-in day’ where at least 350 delegates will be present and at least two full conference days of a minimum of 7 hours during each day.
Read on to consider Why Brisbane?
Brisbane - the perfect balance
The business and government centre of Queensland
Brisbane delivers optimal delegates from across Queensland, easy freight access for exhibitors, sponsors, as well as proximity to political decision-makers and speakers – reducing your event risk!
A uniquely Brisbane convention precinct
BCEC is located in the city’s cultural hub of South Bank, surrounded by green spaces, eateries and hotels – but there’s new experiences for everyone evolving all the time:
- From early 2023 Queens Wharf entertainment precinct will be just a pedestrian bridge walk across the river, right in front of BCEC, to boutique shopping, new riverside dining options and unique off-site social event venues
- The locals’ hidden secret that is the eclectic Fish Lane bar and dining precinct right beside BCEC (opposite the Queensland Museum and Galleries)
- Brisbane’s newest rooftop bar just 800 metres from the Centre
- New free South Bank loop bus commencing shortly, making it even easier to hop from your accommodation, to BCEC, to the Gallery of Modern Art…
A ‘well oiled’ venue
BCEC has been fortunate to be able to run events throughout the pandemic since reopening in August 2020, enabling us to stay event-ready for you. We offer our unique options of boutique spaces for 350 – 600 pax and our larger spaces for, well, everything larger.
Even more accommodation options
Eight additional apartment hotels all around South Bank, a fresh Courtyard by Marriott, Hyatt Regency just across the bridge and five new hotels on the way including a Ritz Carlton.
A warm welcome for everyone
- Airtrains direct from the airport terminals to BCEC with discounts for your delegates
- Eateries, cafes and bars across South Bank offering more discounts for your delegates
- Free city hopper ferries so delegates can cruise around the city in the evenings trying out all our riverside dining precincts
Support to optimise your delegate attraction
Our key partner, Brisbane Economic Development Agency, offers a great content toolkit to entice your audience to Brisbane, and offer marketing advice, expertise and assistance if you need it.
Working with our partners to activate our spaces and create legacy for your event
- Brisbane Economic Development Agency will assist BCEC-supported conferences to tailor bespoke opportunities for breakout events, brand activations around South Bank and more
- Connect with the next generation – we can link your Association with undergraduate, masters and postgraduate students in our key universities
Host city for the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games
Brisbane’s city infrastructure is constantly evolving and the future is bright in Queensland’s capital city where it’s always summer:
- Direct flights to more destinations than any other national airport
- 2nd runway with unlimited international flight growth
- Continuous redevelopment and refresh of the inner-city precincts
- Three new pedestrian bridges connecting the river city centre