BRISBANE'S FORECAST: SUNNY WITH A HIGH CHANCE OF SUCCESS!
Brisbane is a city with unstoppable momentum. As host of the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the city is on the move. There is a $14 billion infrastructure pipeline transforming Brisbane along with a city lifestyle second to none, the smarts of business, science and technology, and a convention centre consistently voted at the top of world rankings.
Brisbane’s conventions infrastructure is constantly evolving and the future is bright in Queensland’s capital city where it’s always summer:
- Direct flights to more Australian destinations than any other national airport
- 2nd runway with unlimited flight growth
- Continuous redevelopment and refresh of the inner-city precincts
- Three new pedestrian bridges in progress, further connecting the river city centre
THE BUSINESS AND GOVERNMENT CENTRE OF QUEENSLAND
As the business and Government centre of Queensland, Brisbane delivers optimal delegates from across Queensland, easy freight access for exhibitors, sponsors, as well as proximity to political decision-makers and speakers – reducing your event risk!
A UNIQUELY BRISBANE CONVENTION PRECINCT
BCEC is located in the city’s cultural hub of South Bank, surrounded by green spaces, eateries and bars at every turn, and hotels all within walking distance of the Convention Centre, helping to keep down those carbon emissions – and there’s new experiences for everyone evolving all the time:
- In 2023 Queens Wharf entertainment and tourism precinct will be just a pedestrian bridge walk across the river from BCEC, to boutique shopping, new riverside dining options and unique off-site social event venues
- The locals’ hidden secret – the eclectic Fish Lane bar and dining precinct right beside BCEC and opposite the Museum, Galleries and the performing arts complex
- Brisbane’s newest rooftop bar just an 800 metre stroll from the Centre
- Free South Bank loop bus now in operation, making it even easier to hop from your accommodation, to BCEC, to the Gallery of Modern Art…
AUSTRALIA'S MOST AWARDED CONVENTION CENTRE
- Backed by BCEC’s 28 years of experience and depth of industry knowledge and skills
- Purpose-built boutique meeting facilities for smaller conferences of 150 – 600 pax or choose from any of our 43 meeting rooms, 4 exhibition halls and plenary facilities for 8,000
- EarthCheck Platinum Certification acknowledges the Centre’s compliance to the highest levels of environmental practices
- All the capability and technology needed for any kind of meeting – hybrid, virtual or purely face to face
EVEN MORE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
There are over 21,000 accommodation rooms in the city, with four hotels and eight apartment hotels located directly within the South Bank Convention Precinct, a fresh Courtyard by Marriott, Hyatt Regency just across the bridge, and four new hotels on the way.
A WARM WELCOME FOR EVERYONE
- Airtrains direct from the airport terminals to BCEC with discounts for your delegates
- Eateries, cafes and bars across South Bank offering more discounts for your delegates
- Free city hopper ferries so delegates can cruise around the city in the evenings trying out all our riverside dining precincts
SUPPORT TO OPTIMISE YOUR DELEGATE ATTRACTION
Our key partner, Brisbane Economic Development Agency (BEDA), offers a great content toolkit to entice your audience to Brisbane, and offer marketing advice, expertise and assistance if you need it and assistance to unlock all those discounts for your delegates.
WORKING WITH OUR PARTNERS TO ACTIVATE OUR SPACES AND CREATE LEGACY FOR YOUR EVENT
- BEDA will assist BCEC-supported conferences to tailor bespoke opportunities for breakout events, and create branded conference networking hubs activations around South Bank
- Connect with the next generation – we can link your Association with undergraduate, masters and postgraduate students in our key universities