FOR YOUR NEXT BIG THING, MAY WE SUGGEST THE NEXT BIG THING.
As host of the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Brisbane is a dazzling example of a city going places. Warm, sunny, and welcoming, we’re a destination rich in culture and generous in spirit. Our refreshing alfresco Australian lifestyle and lush green spaces ensure your delegates will experience a welcome like no other. And it just so happens to be home to a world-class convention centre, located right in the heart of the city’s riverside cultural precinct.
BRISBANE – AUSTRALIA’S SUB-TROPICAL LIFESTYLE CITY
- Host city of the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Brisbane is Australia’s fastest-growing city located in the heart of Australia’s premier tourist region of Queensland.
- A hub of science, technology with a global reputation and history of world-changing innovation and home to 4 of Australia’s best universities and the country’s largest medical research centre.
- A globally connected city with excellent international flight access to all continents, making it easy to get here.
- Brisbane is a warm, walkable, friendly metropolis, with an outdoor lifestyle centred around the Brisbane River offering riverside foodie and dining precincts at every turn.
- There are over 21,000 accommodation rooms in the city, offering affordable accommodation options from budget all the way to five-star.
- With a climate and location that delivers delegates the quintessential Australian experience – an ‘endless summer’, surrounded by rainforest, islands and easy access to unique wildlife and indigenous culture – even day trips to the Great Barrier Reef!
- Brisbane is a clean, green city, and one of the most biodiverse cities in the Southern Hemisphere, with more than 2,180 city parks, a carbon neutral city council, 900km of bike paths, certified with Climate Active and a strong focus on sustainably and the environment.
- Working to a net zero Brisbane 2032 Olympic & Paralympic Games.
A UNIQUELY BRISBANE CONVENTION PRECINCT
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (BCEC) is located in the city’s cultural hub of South Bank, surrounded by green spaces, eateries and hotels. Creating the ideal delegate experience.
- South Bank is an inner-city oasis with green spaces, rainforest pockets, swimming lagoons surrounded by over 100 bars, cafes and restaurants.
- Home to one of Australia’s largest Gallery of Modern Art, Queensland Museum, the Heritage Art Gallery and the city’s performing arts centre.
- South Bank and BCEC is all about delegate experience, offering:
- Discounts for delegates across South Bank bars and restaurants
- Free inner-city transport on buses and river ferries
- Discounted AirTrain tickets ensuring fast and cost-effective train travel to/from the airport
- Free access to museums and art galleries
- Free city tours – Brisbane Greeters Program
BCEC - A WORLD CLASS CENTRE WITH OPTIONS FOR LARGE AND SMALL
- Voted multiple times in the Top 3 World’s Best Convention Centres, by the International Association of Congress Centres (AIPC) and Australia’s most awarded centre.
- Host venue of the 2014 G20 Summit, acknowledged as the ‘Best Ever’, BCEC’s 30 years of experience brings together unmatched capability and a unique depth of industry knowledge and skills including leading edge technology and world-class catering.
- 43 meeting rooms, 4 exhibition halls and plenary facilities for 8,000
- Australia’s only convention centre with purpose-built boutique meeting facilities for smaller conferences of 150 – 600 pax
- BCEC’s EarthCheck Platinum Certification acknowledges the Centre’s compliance to the highest environmental standards and is the culmination of 10 consecutive years of rigorously audited best practice in sustainability.
A TEAM BRISBANE APPROACH TO OPTIMISING YOUR DELEGATE ATTRACTION AND REDUCING YOUR EVENT RISK
As Team Brisbane we’re not just a wonderful Australian city, a world-class venue and a strong convention bureau team. We work entirely together and we will be your active partner! Here are some of the ways we support you bringing your next conference to Brisbane:
- A joint venue and city team at all stages of your bid and selection process and beyond confirmation
- An expert marketing and support team Brisbane Economic Development Agency (BEDA), to assist you in delegate attraction to Australia from all regions of the world
- Support from all levels of government – Brisbane Economic Development Agency (BEDA), Tourism & Events Queensland, and Tourism Australia – with great content toolkits to entice your audiences to Brisbane
- Support and ideas for public awareness and legacy activities
- Assistance with media coverage and interviews during your event
- Introductions to relevant university faculties, government departments and industry leaders
- Activation of ‘Watering Holes’ delegate networking hubs in South Bank
- Access to generous financial support for international rotating conferences over 400 delegates